One of the biggest complaints of dishwashers is the lack of cleaning well. I recommend following these easy steps first before calling to have an appliance repair tech take a look at it.
1. It is recommended scrape all leftover food from the plates before loading them into the dishwasher. It is not necessary to rinse the dishes as the detergent you will be using should do the job. Typically, those detergents with a higher phosphate content clean better maytag dishwasher repair los angeles.
2. When loading your dishes, it’s important to be careful not to obstruct the wash arm. Put tableware in the appropriate compartment. Place plates on the bottom rack and bowls on the top rack. This is especially important if you dishwasher does not have a second wash arm to help clean the dishes in the top rack.
3. For the best cleaning, use the hottest water available. This is necessary for dried-on food removal and for the detergent to work most effectively. So you may need to adjust the temperature at the water heater higher if you do not have young children in the home. Most dishwashers have a heater that will further increase the temperature later in the cycle to 145F-165F.
4. If your water connection to the dishwasher is through the kitchen sink, run the water for several minutes to purge the cold water out of the pipes. This is important because many dishwashers do not begin to heat the water that has entered the dishwasher until the second cycle. Thus, the first cycle often washes with cold water leaving the cleaning action of the detergent ineffective.
5. A home with hard water issues is a problem that affects the cleaning properties of detergents. If your home has hard water, it is recommended to fill both detergent cups. Some dishwasher brands, such as Miele, offer a water softening feature to the dishwasher.
6. Using rinse aid greatly improves the cleanliness of you dishes by sheeting water off to help eliminate spots. Also I recommend powder detergent over gel detergents. Gels are not very effective in hard water and often leave spots. Remember to check the expiration date of your detergent as they become less effective over time.
7. Visually inspect the wash arms to make sure they are not cracked or that the spray arm holes are not plugged with debris that is obstructing the flow of water.
8. Finally, listen to the rush of water splashing against the inner door during the wash cycle. If it sounds weaker than usual, you may have a faulty water valve that is not allowing enough water to enter the dishwasher. At this point you may need to have an appliance technician out for further diagnosis.